Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year, More Me

2016 was really hard. I'm responsible for part of it. In an effort to try to graduate "on time," I signed up for more classes than was healthy, and then I didn't keep up with a lot of the stuff that helps me cope with my illnesses and life. So naturally, it got hard to cope. It made me a bad student, a bad friend, and generally miserable. There's at least one instance when I should have been hospitalized, but that didn't happen. It wasn't all bad, though. I started working at the LA temple, went on an awesome vacation with my family, and spent good times with old and new friends. I'm doing better now and I'm starting to get the right support systems a more reasonable schedule in place. I know I won't graduate when I'd planned, but I'm okay with that. In 2017, I'm hoping to do more of the things that keep me healthy, sane, and more myself so I can be more helpful to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment