Thursday, February 10, 2011

Broken Heart Bark

Last year I made broken heart bark around Valentine's Day. I decided to make it again this year. Part of the recipe (as written) is to break conversation hearts into pieces with a rolling pin. I didn't have a rolling pin last year.
(That's a hammer, in case you can't see it in this oh-so-wonderful cell phone picture)

I ran into a similar problem this year. Then Noelle had a BRILLIANT idea. "Why not throw them off the balcony?" We live on the third story. I my first attempt didn't make much of an impact. So Noelle tried. She  smacked it down, but it still wasn't as effective. So Beth tried. And then she tried again. Most of the little pieces were her handiwork. She also broke the bag in a couple of places. But now the bark is done, and it is delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment