Friday, August 1, 2014

Things I'm Looking Forward to in August 2014

I go back to school in 6 weeks, after what will have been 9 months of living at home. I've been working part-time at two jobs and full-time working on my mental/emotional recovery. I'm impatient to finish my degree and live on my own again, so I was looking at having to get through August with dread, another month where I was sure all I would do is work and wait for September. That did not sound like fun. I did some things to help relieve the stuck feeling. I bought myself sunflowers at Sprouts and made a list of things that would make this month fun. I felt like sharing part of it, so here goes.

  • Guardians of the Galaxy!
  • Two new episodes of Welcome to Night Vale!
  • Paychecks!
  • Chances to hang out with friends!
  • Friends coming home from missions!
  • Back-to-school shopping!
  • Having time to relax with my family while we watch Star Trek on Netflix!
  • Going to the beach! (I haven't been the whole time I've been home)
A lot of these are things I was already doing, but I'm trying to appreciate them now before I go back to being busy with school and living in a cold and rural place. So bring on August. I'm excited for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment